Low fat milk -350ml
Corn flour -1 tbsp
Sugar substitute powder – 1 ½ tsp
Eggs – 2 (white only)
Almond essence – ½ tsp
Almonds – 5
Salt – a pinch
- Dissolve the corn flour in 2tbsb of milk.
- Boil the rest of the milk. Put off the flame.
- Add corn flour mixture slowly in it.
- Boil the milk again stirring constantly.
- When thickened, remove from heat &mix in the sugar substitute powder keep this closed.
- Beat egg white together with almond essence & salt till thick & glossy.
- Gently fold this into the warm milk mixture & pour into oven-to- serving dish.
- Put dish in larger pan filled with water- the water should come up to half-an-inch around the baking dish.
- Slice almonds lengthwise or into halves & arrange on top of the pudding.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for about 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- This pudding can be served hot or you can chill it for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator & serve it cold.